Crunchy Fish Fingers with Fried Bananas
- 450g (1lb) charlotte potatoes
- 3 plaice fillets, (approx) 500g
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 75g (3oz) cornflakes, crushed
- Spray oil
- 2 large unripe bananas
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Spray 2 large baking trays with spray oil.
- Wash the potatoes then cut each potato into 4 wedges, put into a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, drain well.
- Place the potatoes on one of the baking trays, season with salt and spray well with the spray oil, place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile prepare the fish fingers, skin the plaice fillets and cut into strips about 1cm wide.
- Put the flour onto a plate, season with salt and pepper then toss the strips of fish to lightly dust. Next dip the strips in the egg and then coat with the crushed cornflakes, placing them on the baking tray.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190C/375F/gas mark 5
- Bake the fish fingers in the oven for 15 minutes until the coating is crisp.
- Meanwhile, cut each banana into 6 thick slices. Warm a large non-stick frying pan then spray well, increase the heat and add the bananas, cook about 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve the fried bananas with the fish fingers, ketchup and a green vegetable such as peas