Fyffes Principles of Responsible Business Conduct or 'Fyffes Principles' outline our commitment to enriching the communities where we operate and where our products are consumed. Our community engagement includes supporting organisations that complement our identified focus areas; education, nutrition, climate change and gender.
This policy implements the Fyffes Principles in relation to corporate donations, both at a global and a local level. This policy reinforces Fyffes commitment to act in a socially responsible manner within the communities where we operate and contribute to their sustainable development. We promote open, constructive and mutually beneficial relations with societies and communities where we have our operations.
We respectfully request potential partners to carefully read the Donation Policy before contacting Fyffes about a potential donation.
To contact Fyffes about donations, please email email@example.com
This policy is designed to maximise the benefits arising from Fyffes community investments and ensure our community engagement is aligned to our Global Sustainability Strategy. This policy provides guidance to organisations requesting monetary contributions or community partnerships with Fyffes.
This policy is applied globally at all Fyffes operations and offices. It relates to:
- All donations (cash, non-cash) *
- Sponsorships (excluding commercial sponsorships) **
- Partnerships, affiliations, alliances with non-profit organisations and/or associations
- Fyffes Corporate Signature Programs
- Fyffes supports programs and/or projects that take the following criteria into consideration:
- Inclusion – Within its own operations, Fyffes commits to provide a working environment that promotes diversity and equal opportunity, where there is mutual trust and respect for human rights. Fyffes therefore supports initiatives that promote respect, tolerance and inclusion for all
- Employee engagement - Fyffes encourages its employees to get involved personally and promotes employee engagement in the community
- Community ownership – Fyffes prioritises concrete participation from the community right from the conception of projects and initiatives up to implementation
- Accountability – Fyffes favours organisations that demonstrate accountability year over year with projects delivered according to plan
- Measurement – Fyffes wants to work with initiatives / projects/ organisations that track and measure their performance to continually improve and increase delivery
- Collaboration – Fyffes maximises its community investments by working with organisations that rally other partners and stakeholders to maximise positive impacts for recipients
- Sustainability – Fyffes will prioritise projects for community investment that can have a lasting positive impact and avoid creating a reliance on contributions
- Fyffes partners with communities and stakeholders to contribute to the development of inclusive, equitable and thriving communities through education, gender equality, access to nutrition and adaptation to climate change.
- Only the following organisations can apply for a Fyffes donation:
- Registered non-profit organisations
- Registered non-governmental organisations
- Civic or education organisations
- Organisations with a modus operandi in line with Fyffes Principles
- Financially solvent organisations
- Applying organisations should be:
- Rooted in communities where Fyffes operates
- Compliant with local laws – including tax laws - and able to demonstrate it
- Transparent in their financial reporting
- Organisations selected for longer term partnerships ***, should additionally meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership
- Capacity to implement initiatives
- Embedded measurement processes and reporting
- Ability to provide quarterly status reports (depending on scope of project) and a final detailed report on how funds were disbursed and how target beneficiaries were positively impacted.
Once approved, organisations selected for longer-term partnerships will receive further guidance regarding Fyffes reporting requirements.
* Non-cash contributions are gifts of property with no restrictions placed on them. Examples would be clothes, books, dishes, farm equipment or volunteer work organised by the Company.
** We define Commercial Sponsorship as amounts requested by clients to support business relation or required as part of cost of doing business. Examples can include golf-tournament for charitable causes, event or sponsorships using Fyffes logo with the aim of supporting a business relationship rather than the cause itself.
*** Long-term strategic partnerships include agreements with one or several partners of a community engagement project or donations which are collaborative, usually over a number of years and aiming to target systemic impact in a strategic/ transformational approach to social, environmental, economic issues.