Banana Bakewell Tart
- 225g/8oz ready made puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 3 tbsp. raspberry jam
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 100g/4oz ground almonds
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- Few drops of almond extract, to taste
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 – 40 minutes
A crisp flaky, puff pastry base topped with raspberry jam and a rich almond banana topping. Serve hot or cold in slices.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Grease a 19cm/ 71/2inch-flan tin.
- Roll out the pastry to line the base and sides of the tin and flute up the edges of the pastry
- Spread the base with the jam, then arrange the slices of banana on top.
- In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until evenly blended. Spoon over the bananas and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until well-risen and firm to touch. Decorate TBA.
Replace the raspberry jam with apricot or marmalade