Chargrilled Bananas and Peaches
- 1½ tbsp. lemon oil
- 2 ripe firm peaches or nectarines, halved and stoned
- 2ripe bananas, peeled and halved
- 5tbsp cold water
- 4 tbsp. caster sugar
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 8fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 3-4tbsp. almond flavoured liqueur
- A little fromage frais or crème fraiche
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
A great medley of flavours from the bananas, almond liqueur, peaches and fresh basil.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan with the oil. Place the peaches cut side down on the pan surface and cook for 5 – 6 minutes. After 2 minutes cooking add the bananas to the pan, turning them over to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, pour the water and sugar into a pan and bring slowly to the boil. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the vanilla, basil leaves and liqueur. Adjust the sweetness of the sauce.
- Arrange the fruit onto serving dishes, pour over the sauce along with a generous helping of fromage frais.
Try this recipe with fresh mint too! but do omit the basil.
Do make sure the fruit is just ripe before cooking otherwise it will be soft on the outside and hard in the middle.