Banana and Coconut Pancakes
- 2 medium fresh range eggs
- 4oz/110g plain flour, sifted
- ½ pint/300ml milk or buttermilk
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 bananas, chopped and tossed in little lemon juice
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 4oz/110g prepared pineapple wedges
- Little sunflower oil for frying
Preparation Time: 15 minutes + chilling
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Beat the eggs in a blender or processor with the flour and sufficient milk just to give a paste. When really smooth and lump-free blend in the rest of the flour, the salt and most of the coconut (save a little for sprinkling on later, lightly toasted). Beat well until smooth and set aside for about 30 minutes or until required.
- Heat very little oil in a good medium sized frying or pancake pan and when just hazing pour in 2-3 tbsp batter, swirling the pan at the same time to give a thin even coating. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden underneath, then toss or turn over carefully and continue until just cooked on the second side.
- Transfer to a plate to keep warm in a low oven covered with kitchen towel. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To serve fold the pancakes in quarters and fill one quarter with a variety of the prepared fruit. Top with the toasted coconut and serve immediately, with ice cream if you wish.