- 100g/4oz butter, melted
- 25g/1oz cocoa powder, sifted
- 175g/6oz soft brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 50g/2oz self raising flour, sifted
- 1 large banana, peeled and chopped finely
- 25g/1oz shelled walnuts, roughly chopped
- To Decorate
- A little sifted cocoa powder
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 - 40 minutes
A mouth-watering combination of chopped banana, walnuts and cocoa powder cooked to perfection. Serve cut into fingers or squares.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas mark 5. Grease and line a 18cm/7inch square tin.
- Mix the butter and cocoa powder together well. In a bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until pale, creamy and thick in volume.
- Beat in the cocoa mixture, then fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch
- Leave to get cold in the tin before removing. Peel away the paper then dust with the cocoa powder and cut into piece
Try using shelled, buttery flavoured pecan nuts in place of the walnuts.