Easy Peasy Cake
- 75g/3oz softened butter or block margarine
- 100g/4oz soft light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 ripe, firm bananas, peeled and mashed
- 225g/8 oz self raising flour, sifted
- 2 – 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. ground mixed spice
- ½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 100g/4oz seedless raisins
- 75g/3oz glace cherries, halved
- 50g/2oz unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. demerara sugar
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 – 60 minutes
A delicious banana and mixed spice loaf that has a wonderful crunchy top.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20x10cm/8x4inch-loaf tin.
- In a bowl put the 8 ingredients and beat well together until evenly mixed.
- Fold in the raisins, cherries and half the coconut. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Mix together the remaining coconut and demerara sugar and sprinkle over the top of the loaf. Bake in the oven for about 50 – 60 minutes or until firm to the touch and well risen. Leave in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Serve in slices
Replace the raisins with mixed dried fruit or semi dried cranberries.