Fyffes Banana Wontons
- 2 Fyffes bananas
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 100g brown sugar
- 20 Wonton pastry sheets (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp cinnamon
Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 - 2 minutes
Serves: 20 pieces
- Cut Fyffes bananas into thick slices, sprinkle with lime juice and turn them in the sugar. Defrost the dough.
- Put one banana slice in the middle of one pastry sheet. Beat starch with 2 tablespoons water. Spread the dough edges with that, fold-in the sheets of dough diagonally and press edges together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry wontons for 1 – 2 minutes or until they are golden brown, drain on paper towels.
- Mix powdered sugar and cinnamon on a plate and then turn wontons in this. Great served with tea.
385 kcal, Fat 1 g, carbohydrates 85 g, protein 7 g