Hot Sticky Bananas
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- ripe, firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 3 heaped tbsp. light musovado sugar
- 2 oranges, grated rind from 1 and freshly squeezed juice from 2
- 3 tbsp. rum or brandy (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
A yummy buttery sauce served hot with the bananas and creamy vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- In a heavy-based frying pan melt the butter. Fry the bananas in the butter for 5 minutes or until softened and just turning brown.
- Sprinkle over the sugar, orange rind and juice. Cook until the mixture bubbles for about 2 – 3 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken and coats the bananas. Pour over the rum or brandy off the heat and serve with the cold ice cream.
Do remember this pudding is very hot in contrast with the ice cream.