- 4 crisp eating apples
- 100g/4 oz fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- A little runny honey, to taste
- For the sauce
- 6 tbsp. lemon curd
- A little knob butter
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
This recipe is great for kids who think cooked apples are too tarte. Choose firm, juicy, crisp eating apples with a rosy glow.
- With an apple corer take out the core and discard.
- Lightly toss the fruit in the orange juice and a little honey to taste. Put the apple onto serving plates or dishes.
- Fill the apple cavity with the banana mixture and arrange any left over around the base of the apple.
- In a small non-stick pan warm the lemon curd and stir in the butter slowly. Once warmed pour over the tops of the apple and serve,
Replace the raspberries with other soft fruit like blue berries, hulled and chopped strawberries