Caramelised Pork & Spiced Banana Fritters
- 450g/1lb lean pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp. treacle
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
For the Fritters
- 100g/4oz self raising flour, sifted
- 2 bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. crushed dried chillies
- 5 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
For the Banana Salsa
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 – 35 minutes
A simple marinated dish served with golden fritters and banana salsa. Served hot.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- In a bowl blend the treacle, soy sauce and oil together, then coat the tenderloin. Leave in the mixture for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the oil) in a bowl together for the fritters. Cook the pork on a trivet for 25 –30 minutes basting with the marinade/glaze.
- Preheat a frying pan add the oil and cook the eight fritters for about 4 minutes each side.
- To make the salsa mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Slice the pork and serve ontop of the fritters and serve with the salsa.
Do be careful when handling the chillies as the juice can cause irration to the skin or eyes.