Crunch Time Banana Salad
For the dressing
- 3tbsp.olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ready made Dijon mustard
- A little runny honey, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 40g/11/2oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 100g/4oz rindless lean smoky bacon, chopped
- 2 little gem lettuce, washed and drained well
- 1 avocado pear, halved, stoned and peeled
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 225g/8oz cooked chicken, cut into strips
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes
A salad that has no seasons, it can be eaten all the year round.
- Put the salad dressing ingredients into a screw top jar and shake well. Adjust the seasoning.
- In a hot heavy based frying pan sprinkle teaspoons of the cheese to make small circles. Dry fry until pale golden brown. Remove the crisps from the pan with a palette knife. Leave to cool flat.
- Dry fry the bacon in the same pan until golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces and put into a large serving bowl.
- Slice the avocado and banana and put them into the dressing and toss thoroughly before adding to the lettuce, bacon and chicken. Add the Parmesan crisps and serve at once.
Replace the chicken with other cold cooked meats