Fillet of pork with Fyffes bananas on a Rosemary skewer
- 2 Fyffes bananas
- 4-6 thin slices Parma ham
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 400g pork filet
- 12 red or white grapes
- 4 sprigs of fresh Rosemary (alternatively you can use plain wooden skewers)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the quark (cheese dip):
- 4 tablespoons low-fat quark (soft cheese)
- 2 tablespoons sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs frozen
- some lemon juice
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 - 10 minutes
- Peel Fyffes bananas and cut into thick slices. Cut the Parma ham into halves or thirds depending on the size, so that it’s just right to wrap a slice of banana. Wrap the banana slices in the ham. Peel the onions into quarters and turn them in powdered sugar. Cut pork into large cubes. Rinse the grapes and wipe them dry.
- Load the rosemary sticks (or wooden skewers) with a wrapped banana, a filet of pork, a piece of onion and lastly a grape. Heat oil in a pan. Fry skewers about 7-10 minutes until the meat is nicely browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the quark dip stir in the sparkling water and yogurt. Then mix the herbs into it and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve with the fried skewers.
375 kcal, Fat 15 g, carbohydrates 27 g, protein 32 g