Goats Cheese Banana Puffs
- 300g/10oz puff ready rolled out pastry
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 100g/4oz full fat soft goats cheese (in a log shape)
- 4 tsp. cranberry jelly
Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Light crispy pastry filled with sliced banana, goat’s cheese and cranberry jelly cooked in the oven to perfection. Serve as a starter with a little salad or as a snack.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut out 4 x 12cm/41/2inch squares out of the pastry and place onto a dampened baking tray.
- Arrange half of banana in a circle in the middle of the pastry. Top with the goat’s cheese then with 1 tsp., cranberry jelly.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until well-risen and golden brown. Serve hot.
If preferred top the goats cheese with recurrent jelly