- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 700g/1lb 8oz lean diced lamb
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2-3 tbsp. mild curry powder
- 150ml/1/4 pint lamb stock
- 150ml/1/4pint natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. mango chutney, roughly chopped
- 40g/11/2 oz creamed coconut
- 2 ripe firm bananas, peeled and sliced
- To Garnish
- 2 tbsp. toasted flaked almonds
- Sprigs of coriander
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
A mild, creamy curry that everyone will enjoy served with naan bread and freshly cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and seal the lamb from all sides until brown.
- Remove the meat from the pan and keep warm.
- Fry the onions and garlic together until soft, then add the curry powder and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock, yoghurt, chutney and coconut and bring to the boil. Add the lamb and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the bananas and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with freshly cooked rice and garnish with coriander.
If a hotter curry is required use a medium to hot curry powder and hot mango chutney.