Gluten-free Pancakes with Blueberry, Banana and Honey
To find out how you can enter the Fyffes Great Banana Bake Off 2021 search for #FyffesGBBO21 on Facebook or Instagram.
- 120g gluten free oat flour (gluten free oats blitzed in food processor)
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, flax seeds or ground pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 100ml milk (soya, nut, dairy etc)
- 2 large free-range eggs, separated
- 150g blueberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- Honey, coconut yoghurt and bee pollen, to serve
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix to combine and then make a well in the centre. Pour the milk in a jug and add the egg yolks. Whisk lightly to combine. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they hold soft peaks. Fold gently into the batter until combined. Add a handful of the blueberries to the batter if you want and fold in.
- To cook the pancakes, melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a small ladleful of the mixture to the hot pan. Cook for about 2–3 minutes on each side, or until the pancakes are golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes on warm plates with banana slices, blueberries, a drizzle of honey, yoghurt and bee pollen.