Who are we?
Fyffes Limited (Fyffes) is a private company limited by shares and having its registered offices at 29, North Anne Street, Dublin 7.
Fyffes is a fruit and fresh produce company headquartered in Ireland whose parent company is Sumitomo Corporation in Japan.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Fyffes Limited.
Fyffes is a data controller of information relating to candidates, customers, suppliers and visitors to our website.
Our data protection contact may be contacted at: email@example.com.
What personal information do we collect from you?
You may give us personal information by:
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask that you disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products or services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our website or our services or products.
- Filling in forms on www.fyffes.com (our website) such as the Contact Us form.
- When you engage with us on social media for example Fyffes Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn pages or as a competition winner;
- Where you lodge a complaint via our website;
- When you enter competitions or sign up for promotions with us;
- When you register on www.freddyfyffes.ie
- Where we provide sponsorship to organisations, we collect a contact name, contact number, the charity name and event name.
Candidates may give us personal information by applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and any other information contained in your CV or a cover letter. We ask that you do not disclose any personal information in your application that is not relevant to your possible employment, including any sensitive personal information (e.g. medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, etc.).
Customers supply us with information which may include employee contact details, a contact name; email address, job title or role, business address, telephone number and billing payment details.
Suppliers supply us with information which may include employee contact details; a contact name, email address, job title or role, business address, telephone number and billing and payment details.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect the information in order to provide you with our services/products, to market our services, to correspond with you, to improve our website and to recruit staff.
We will use this information:
- To set your company up as a name on our systems (based on our legitimate interest);
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you (as necessary for the performance of the contract and/or based on our legitimate interest);
- To deliver information about our products and services (based on our legitimate interest);
- Where you enter competitions or sign up for promotions, so we can contact you (as necessary for the performance of the contract and/or based on our legitimate interest);
- To ensure payment of our invoices (as necessary for the performance of the contract);
- To comply with any legal obligations, to which we may be subject.
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee (based on our legitimate interest);
- To process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks (to the extent permissible by local law), and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you (based on our legitimate interest).
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (based on our legitimate interest);
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (based on our legitimate interest).
Fyffes does not knowingly process any sensitive information of customers, website users, suppliers or other users.
Who do we share this information with?
We may share your personal information within the Fyffes and Sumitomo group of companies and with our selected business associates, suppliers and contractors to provide you with our services and products. For example, these business partners may include marketing agencies, web hosting providers, IT service providers, banks, training providers, insurers, social media companies, external advisors (auditors and tax advisors), cloud service providers and tax authorities, governmental agencies, where necessary.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
If you are a candidate, we may share your information with recruitment agents and we may share information internally and with certain service providers (e.g. payroll and psychometric testing providers) to process your application.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary in relation to the reason that we hold it. The criteria used to determine our data retention periods include: (a) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you; (b) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (c) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
For further information on the periods for which your personal information is kept, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do we transfer your information outside the European Union or European Economic Area (EEA)?
Yes, Fyffes (or its service providers) may transfer personal information outside of the EEA to countries which have been subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or where such a transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards for the protection of personal information pursuant to Article 46 of the GDPR. These safeguards include the use of European Commission approved standard contractual clauses. If you wish for more information on the basis for any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA please contact email@example.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information about you without undue delay;
- The right to have us erase any personal information we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information or, in some circumstances, where you have withdrawn your consent to the processing;
- The right to object to us processing personal information about you where we process such information on the basis of our legitimate interest or when your information is used for profiling or direct marketing;
- The right to ask us to provide your personal information to you in a transferable format or, where technically feasible, for us to transfer that personal information to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal information relating to other people;
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal information;
- The right to withdraw your consent where we process your information on the basis of consent.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your rights may not apply in certain circumstances, and they may be subject to exemptions in accordance with law.
We hope that should you have any issue that we can assist you in resolving it. However, you may also lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal information at any time.
What will happen if we change our privacy notice?
This notice may change from time to time, and any changes will be posted on our website. If we have your contact details, we will notify you of any material changes. This notice was last updated on 13 November 2020.
How can you contact us?
By email at: email@example.com
On our website contact form: https://www.fyffes.com/contact-us
By post to our address at: Fyffes Limited, 29 North Anne Street, Dublin 7, D07 PH36, Ireland