Baked ham with pineapple brown sugar glaze
- 1 x 2kg unsmoked ham fillet (One 4 ½ pound boneless ham)
- 1 Fyffes pineapple, cut into slices
- 350ml orange juice juice (about 1 and a half cup)
- 220g dark brown soft sugar (1 cup)
- *** To serve:
- Roast potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
- Put the ham in a very large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat, then turn down and simmer for around two hours, topping up with boiling water, if needed. Scoop off any scum that rises to the top.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C (375 degrees F) fan/gas mark 3.
- Place the ham into a roasting tin. Pin the pineapple slices onto the ham with cocktail sticks.
- Whisk the orange juice and brown sugar until smooth. Spread over the ham.
- Bake the ham for 1½ hours, basting occasionally, until the glaze is brown and caramelised.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before carving. Serve with roast potatoes and Brussels sprouts.