Baked Pineapple Chicken
Delicious savory, sweet and sour with juicy chunks of Fyffes pineapple and tender chicken bites baked to perfection.
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- Minced 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Optional 1 pound boneless
- Skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canned or fresh 1 green onion
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- To make the sauce, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and Sriracha in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornstarch and gently toss to combine. Working one at a time, dip chicken into the eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
- Add chicken and pineapple to prepared baking dish. Top with pineapple juice mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until the sauce has thickened, about 55 minutes, turning over every 15 minutes to evenly coat the chicken.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.