Fyffes Fluffy Banana Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sliced bananas, butter, and maple syrup, for serving, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, melted butter, honey, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Drop about a ¼ cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until the pancakes have some bubbles, and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone. You can keep the pancakes warm in the oven (200 degrees F) on a large baking sheet until you are ready to serve.