Tofu, Sugar Snap Peas and Banana Risotto
- 150 g tofu cut in bite sized chunks
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut in bite sized chunks
- 220 g risotto rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Sambal Oelek
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp saffron or turmeric
- 250 g sugar snap peas, cleaned and halved
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- Saute the onion in the oil, when glassy add the tofu and sambal.
- Saute until the sides of the tofu are gently browned.
- Add the risotto rice, water and turmeric or saffron, a pinch of sugar, a dash of cinnamon and salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often until the rice is soft.
- Before serving add pea pods, cook for a few minutes until the pea pods are al dente.
- Finally, add sliced banana chunks ensuring to not overcook and get too soft.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.