Vegan Chickpea Banana Bread
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 80 ml coconut oil, melted
- 60 ml vegan milk of choice
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110 g chickpea flour
- 120 g whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 4 tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C degrees.
- Mix mashed bananas, coconut oil, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix chickpea flour, wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until combined. Add pecans and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, pour in the mixture and level it out. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the loaf is golden on top and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.