Fyffes Savoury Banana Fritters
To make this recipe gluten free, swap out the flour for gluten free oat flour.
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml (4½ oz) milk
- 125 g (4½ oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ - 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- Canola or sunflower oil, for cooking
- *** To serve
- Crème fraîche
- Sriracha sauce
- Red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together banana, eggs and milk.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Finally, mix in the green onion.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Pour enough oil into the pan to cover the surface and leave to heat. Test if oil is hot enough by dropping in a half a teaspoon of the batter, if it starts cooking and the oil bubbles around the edges, it’s ready.
- Lower heat to medium then drop in 3-4 large spoonful’s of batter around the pan. When fritter is golden brown underneath, carefully flip over and cook again until golden brown.
- Remove fritters from the pan and leave to drain on paper towel. Cook remaining batter.
- Serve fritters with crème fraîche, sriracha sauce and sliced red chilli.