- 1 large Fyffes banana, cut into chunks
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 140 g whole-wheat flour
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60 ml rapeseed oil
- 180 ml regular or low-fat milk
- 250 g fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees. Line 16 wells in two standard-size muffin pan with Halloween themed paper liners, or grease them with cooking oil spray.
- Mix the all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the oil, milk and spinach in a blender; puree until smooth, then add the banana and the vanilla extract. Puree until smooth (and green). Pour into the flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Pour some of the mixture into a large measuring cup and fill each muffin well two-thirds full. Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving or storing.