Banana One-of-Each Summer Soup
- 1 large boiling potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery heart (inner pale stalks with leaves), coarsely chopped
- 1 large apple (preferably Granny Smith), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 firm-ripe banana, coarsely chopped
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 240 ml heavy cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 rounded tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Simmer vegetables and fruits in broth in a saucepan, covered, until very tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in cream, butter, curry powder, and salt and heat just until hot (do not boil).
- Purée soup in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Thin soup with water if desired and serve sprinkled with chives.