Fyffes Pineapple Christmas Cake
- 400g crushed pineapple
- 280g mixed dried fruit
- 110g butter
- 225g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Sliced almonds - To decorate
- Place all ingredients except flour and eggs into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 170 C. Grease and double line a 3 lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs into the cooled boiled mixture followed by the sifted flour. Spoon into the tin and level off.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour, then cover with two layers of foil and bake for a further 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Test with a skewer, which will come out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- Allow cake to cool completely. Arrange the almonds on top. Serve and enjoy.