Fyffes Tuna Poke Bowl
This recipe includes quinoa but poke bowls are traditionally served with rice, feel free to use either. Poke bowls can be served with a variety of fresh or pickled vegetables.
- *** For the relish
- 1 large banana, peeled & diced
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and diced
- Juice from ½ lime
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- *** For the marinade & tuna
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 250 g (8¾ oz) sashimi grade ahi tuna, cubed
- *** For the poke bowl
- 200 g (7 oz) cooked quinoa
- 4 slices pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Handful shredded red cabbage
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 4 generous spoons Banana relish (see above)
- Marinated tuna (see above)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- For the relish, combine all ingredients together in a small bowl, toss together then set aside until needed.
- Toss together the marinade and tuna in a medium sized bowl making sure the tuna is well coated. Either refrigerate (covered for up to 2 hours) or assemble poke bowls immediately.
- Spoon a bed of quinoa into 2 serving bowls then arrange poke ingredients in sections in the bowls. Dress with a few spoonful’s leftover marinade and garnish with spring onion and chilli slices then enjoy immediately.