Pineapple Beetroot Salad
Use any of your favourite fruits and vegetables in this light and versatile salad.
- *** For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- *** For the salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and shredded
- 4 slices pineapple, cut into chunks
- 4 medium cooked beetroot, quartered
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 100 g (3½ oz) pecan nuts, roughly chopped & lightly toasted
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- For the dressing, mix together ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the salad, place lettuce in a large bowl then pour half of the dressing over. Toss well to coat.
- Divide lettuce between 2 large plates or bowls then add to each pineapple, beetroot, carrot and pecan nuts. Garnish with spring onion then drizzle remaining dressing over each salad. Serve immediately.